Friday, April 1, 2011

God is Bigger Than The Boogie Man!

Jennifer holding Cy's little brother Case Michael Tolbert


Being a grandpa is so much fun. One of the great delights of growing older is watching seeds planted long ago begin to take root and sprout and flourish in the lives of your children. I have watched each of my children begin their journey of faith and it is my hearts delight to see each of them growing daily in their walk with God. My first born daughter Jennifer is now a mother of two little boys and I have been so proud to see her grow and mature in her faith. She married a fine young man , Quinn Tolbert, who  is  growing strong and teaching his children. He serves as a deacon in the Woodlands Church of Christ. Recently they were visiting on the occasion of my wife's birthday and I was treated to hearing my grandson Cy's new favorite song. It comes from a veggie tales video. Just for grins I decided to share it here on the blog. He likes to sing it loud but when I began to  record it on my phone he got a little shy and momma had to coax a little. I love you Cy and Case. You are one of the reasons I decided to start this blog.


God is bigger than the boogie man.
He's bigger than Godzilla,
or the monsters on TV.
Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man.
And He's watching out for you and me.


No comments: